Q: I can't accept collect calls. How can I set up a prepaid account?
You can setup a prepaid account by either going to https://www.connectnetwork.com/portal or calling 1-866-230-7761.
Q: Can I put money on someone's account or pay their bond without coming to the Sheriff's Office?
You can go to https://deposits.jailatm.com/WebDeposits/ to accomplish this.
Q: Can I leave a message for a prisoner?
A: We do not accept telephone messages for any of the prisoners. If you have an emergency message, (death in the family, major illness) which can be verified, we will make every attempt to pass the message on. If you need to contact an inmate, you may do so via the postal system. You may address your correspondence to:
Sauk County Jail or Sauk County Sheriff's Office
Attention: (Inmate's name)
1300 Lange Court
Baraboo, WI 53913
Q: Can I drop books off for inmates?
The Sauk County Sheriff’s Department is accepting donations for gently used and/or new books for Inmate use.
** The books MUST be soft covered and not contain any sexual graphic material.
** No spiral bindings allowed.
** No gang related books will be accepted.
** Books must be non- gender specific, NO ROMANCE novels please.
All donated items will be inspected and distributed throughout the entire facility. Donated books will NOT be given to specific Inmates.
All donations may be dropped off at the Sauk County Sheriff's Department lobby Monday -Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Q: What may I mail in to an inmate at the Sauk County Jail or Huber Center?
You may only mail letters directly from yourself to inmates. Pictures are allowed, as long as they are not polaroids and they may not contain any sort of nudity, actual or simulated sexual acts. Photos depicting any sort of gang signs/symbols or real or simulated illegal activity will also be witheld from inmates.
No stickers, perfumed letters, stamped envelopes, or paper may be sent in. No photocopies of books.
Books, Magazines, Newspapers
Books (paperback only) must be purchased from and mailed directly to the County Jail or Huber Center from the book publisher or from an Internet clearinghouse such as Amazon.com.
Magazines/periodicals and newspapers must be purchased from and mailed directly to the jail or Huber Center from the publisher on a subscription basis.
Books, magazines/periodicals and newspapers not mailed to Sauk County jail facilities from a publisher or Internet clearinghouse will not be issued to inmates for use while they are in custody. Books, magazines/periodicals or newspapers which display or portray nudity or actual or simulated sexual acts will not be issued for inmate use during their confinement. Books, magazines, or periodicals that are deemed to be a security risk (a book detailing how to make weapons from everyday items or get out of handcuffs) will not be issued to inmates during their confinement.
What are the visitation rules and hours?
1. No use of cell phones, cameras or recording devices of any sort in the visitation room.
All electronics, including cell phones, must be turned OFF prior to going into visitation.
2. No pictures/items may be shown without prior approval.
3. No food and/or drink in visitation - this includes for children also.
4. You must remain at the booth you are assigned to. Juveniles must remain with the adult visitor at the visitation booth.
5. If you leave the visitation room at any time during your visit, you may not go back into visitation.
6. You may only visit the inmate you are registered to see. Communicating with any other inmate will cause termination of the visit and may cause suspension of your visiting privileges.
7. Anyone under 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times; this includes in the parking lot area. Juveniles may not be left unattended in cars in the parking lot, on the sidewalk or in the lobby.
8. Swearing at and/or disrespect of staff will cause termination of the visit and may cause suspension of your visiting privileges.
9. Visitors must be dressed in shoes, a shirt, pants, shorts or a skirt/dress. Sheer, see through, or mesh clothing will not be allowed. Visitors wearing clothing too tight, too short, or too low, will not be allowed to visit. No undergarments may be showing including bra straps; no cleavage or midriff may be visible. Arguing about your choice of dress will automatically disqualify you from visiting for the session.
10. Any indecent activity will cause termination of the visit and may cause suspension of your visiting privileges.
11. All visitors must be sober and not under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
12. Anyone on a no contact list will not be allowed to visit that inmate.
VIOLATION OF THE RULES MAY CAUSE SUSPENSION OF VISITING PRIVILEGES.
(Additional information contained on other side)
PUBLIC VISITATION HOURS
Morning visitation: Tue-Sun 9am-10:30am; you must be here and registered by 10:10am.
Evening visitation: Tue, Wed & Thu 7pm-8:30pm; you must be here and registered by 8:10pm.
**Inmates on “room confinement,” discipline segregation or inmates involved in the various volunteer programs/job searches will not be getting visits while on that status. If in doubt, call 608-355-3210 to check the status of the inmate - keep in mind an inmate’s status can change at any time.
ELIGIBLE VISITORS – a maximum of three visitors will be allowed per visit.
- One visitor must be an adult (18 years old or older).
- Visitors must not have been incarcerated in the Sauk Co. Jail/Huber within the previous 30 days.
- Visitors must have a photo ID containing full name and date of birth. Acceptable ID’s are: Photo driver’s license, state/country issued photo ID, military photo ID card, Resident alien photo ID card, work photo ID card, or passport.
- Juveniles (17 years old or younger) must be accompanied at all times during the visit by an eligible adult visitor who is their parent, legal guardian or family member.
- Juvenile identification, if a listed photo ID is not available, will be a legible birth certificate or court ordered guardianship papers (originals may be requested if the copy is illegible or appears to be altered). All other rules apply as would for adult visitors.
HEARING IMPAIRED - ask for visitor booth 8 or 16 at the visitation counter.
Inmate’s Full Name, File Number
Sauk County Jail
1300 Lange Court
Baraboo WI 53913
Phone number for the:
Jail ............................. 608-355-3210
Huber Center ............. 608-355-3264