Skip to Main Content

Register of Deeds

Electronic Real Estate Transfer Return (eRETR) now required for ALL conveyances, regardless of exemption.

     2015 Wisconsin Act 145, signed into law by Governor Walker on February 4th, 2016, will require an electronic real estate transfer return (eRETR) with all conveyance documents.  There is one exeption to this requirement and that is for conveyances executed prior to October 1st, 1969,  s.77.25(1).  This act applies to conveyances beginning February 6th, 2016.

LandLink and LandShark will be unavailable 8 am - 12:00 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 17 for technical upgrades. Sorry for any inconvenience

Outage will include both our web application, LandShark, and our in-house system, LandLink.

Register of Deeds Book Conversion

Reference #: 
Closed - no longer accepting bids and proposals
Due Date: 
Fri, Jun 14th

Recording Fees return to $30

Effective January 1, 2013, the fee to record documents in Sauk County will be $30 per document.  As part of Wisconsin Act 314, counties are allowed to collect an additional $5 for redaction of SSNs, making the fee to record a document in  Sauk County $30. 

Recording fees to change on January 1st, 2013

  Sauk County will resume collecting the $5 redaction fee (per Wisconsin Act 314) on January 1st, 2013  As of that date, the recording fee will again be $30 per document, with the exception of subdivision/condo plats ($50). 

LandShark Down for Maintenance

Due to hardware maintenance, LandShark will be unavailable beginning at 4:30pm, Friday, Nov. 5th


Please be advised that 2009 Wisconsin Act 314 was passed into law and becomes effective June 25, 1010. This law changes the recording fee of $11.00 for the first page plus $2.00 for each additional page to a flat fee of $30.00. Documents received on or after June 25, 2010 that do not include $30.00 will be returned.

Landshark Is Unavailable - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:30pm

Due to software maintenance, LandShark will be unavailable beginning at 4:30pm, Tuesday, April 13, 2010.  This message will be removed when LandShark is available.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Property and Deed Information

Property and Deed information