Skip to Main Content

Our Lady of Loretto Church

Sauk County Wisconsin Official Website

The limestone church, located in Honey Creek Township of southern Sauk County, was built in 1880 as a mission of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Sauk City, Wisconsin. It had a membership of German and Irish settlers. The interesting stencil patterns on the walls of the little church have been restored since the church was closed for many years. It has the original pews, the 1887 pump organ and pot belly stove in place along with statues and pulpit.

It has become a wedding chapel and is open to the public on Sunday afternoons during June, July and August. A Celebration of Remembrance is held on a Sunday each September to bring the families of former parishioners and the general public together to reminisce.


Co. Hwy C between Leland and Denzer