Skip to Main Content

Nina, Inc., Department and Variety Store

Sauk County Wisconsin Official Website

Nina’s Depratment & Variety Store, 143 E. Jefferson, in Spring Green was built in 1911 as the Cohen Brothers’ Department Store. It was purchased in 1916 by Harris Marcus whose family has operated a department store at the same location continuously for four generations. The store is still operational today.

The two-story red brick building features original architectural elements, and the exterior was completely restored in 2002. In 2002 the store was added to the Sauk County Registry of Historic sites as well as being awarded the 2002 Sauk County Historical Society’s preservation award.

Source: Text supplied by J.S. Marcus, President, Nina, Inc.


143 East Jefferson
Spring Green